Sunday, May 15, 2011

April fools day!

So this is a short post but I couldn't resist sharing the fun time we had for April's Fool day. So a friend found this super cute idea and I couldn't help but share it with her. We made a cake for dinner - not for desert but it was a reverse dinner - desert first - so the cake was the main meal. It was a cute cake - but there was an even bigger surprise about to happen...



The cake is actually meatloaf with mashed potatoes as the frosting. I colored some of it green and did the piping on it. Jason showed up as I was frosting the "cake". He thought it was a crazy idea to have cake for dinner but decided to humor me. But he wasn't so excited when A-man was hungry and dinner wasn't quite ready. I gave A-man some "frosting" on his tray and let him start munching on that. Jason kept telling me that frosting was not a good dinner for A-man and that I needed to give him some real food. Even A-man played up this game - he usually HATES mashed potatoes but this time he was downing them. So Jason was truly fooled. Finally I calmed him down and told him the truth - actually I let him try some of the frosting. That's when he realized that it was actually mashed potatoes and not frosting. Then he wanted to know what was under the frosting. We told he would have to try it and see...he likes meatloaf so I wasn't too worried.

I thought it was a fun April's fool trick and definitely want to try this one again. Even A-man loved his dinner - especially since he got to have ketchup on his meatloaf cake. Although he got a little carried away with the ketchup. Happy April fools everyone!



No comments: